New to RolePoint?
Getting Started with RolePoint
Watch our Quick Start Video for helpful tips if you’re just getting started:
Having viewing trouble? You can also open this video in a new window:
Registering/Activating your referral account
All employees should receive an invitation to activate their account for the employee referral portal, powered by RolePoint. Click here if you haven’t received your welcome email invitation or just need to request a new activation email. Instructions for setting your password and activating your new account will be sent via email. (Important: If you have Single Sign On, you cannot request a password reset through RolePoint. Please contact your location’s SSO/IT Admin for further login support.
Have you received an error trying to request a new password using the above steps?
Try this below:
1. Visit your company’s Referral Portal (which is likely: yourcompanyname.rolepoint.com)
2. Click the Sign-Up button on the top right hand side of the homepage:
3. Complete all fields and click continue. The system will activate your account and log you in. Then you’re all set! NOTE: You are likely required to use your work/company email address in order to successfully receive email notifications in the future. Please be sure to check your spam/junk folders and add @rolepoint.com to your safe-list to ensure timely delivery of your registration and/or password reset emails.
Does your company use Single Sign On?
When you click “login”, are you prompted with the following screen?
If so, you should use your company login credentials to login to RolePoint. You do not need to create new login details to access your Referral Portal. SingleSign-On (SSO) is provided by your employer and is supported outside of RolePoint. We ask that if you do experience an issue logging in with your SSO information that you please contact your location’s SSO/IT Administrator for further login support.
I forgot my login/I need to reset my password
Can’t remember your password? The best thing to do is to reset your password. We’ll send you an email to reset your password right away. Password reset tokens expire after 90 minutes so make sure to send in your request when you’re ready to reset your password. If your password reset token expires, no worries! You’ll just need to send a new request. If you are still having trouble, please feel free to send us a message.
If you have Single Sign On, you must use your company credentials to sign in. If you can’t remember those details, we ask that you please contact your company’s SSO/IT Administrator for further assistance.
Haven’t received your password reset yet?
If you don’t receive your password reset in a timely manner, there may be something else going on. First, check your other inboxes. It’s possible that it was mistakenly sent into spam. If you still can’t retrieve the email, then you may have unsubscribed from RolePoint emails at some point, or the email could have bounced. If this is the case, open a support case by clicking here.
Does your company use Single Sign-On? When you log-in, do you see the below screen?
If so, you can easily log-in using your company log-in credentials. If you’ve forgotten those, you’ll need to follow up with your company’s SSO/IT Administrator on resetting your credentials.
How do I use RolePoint?
How do I use our employee referral portal?
Need a refresher course? Watch our 2-minute Quick Start Video, which will help you get started on making referrals and sharing jobs using RolePoint:
Quickly learn how to refer, view and find connections with our quick start video. You can also always access this video on your company’s Employee Referral Portal. It is located on the right-hand side of the portal.
Quick Referral Form Tips (How can I submit my friend’s resume?)
It’s easy to submit your contact’s information to an open position at your company. You can refer your contact using the Quick Referral Form in two ways, see below for both:
Option 1: Already know what job you want to refer your friend to?
- Visit your company’s Referral Portal (typically companyname.rolepoint.com) and login to your account
- Search for the position to refer your contact(s) to
- Select the desired position
- Click on the “Click Here to Refer a Candidate” button within the job description:
- Enter your contact’s information. At a minimum you must enter their: first name, last name and either a phone number or email address. You may also upload the candidate’s resume if you have a copy!
Once you’ve submitted your referral, you will receive a confirmation email letting you know that your referral was successfully submitted. If applicable, you can view the status of your referrals by visiting your “My Referrals” page:
Option 2: Make a General Referral (As available on your Referral Portal)
- If you don’t know what position you’d like to refer your candidate to, but still think they would be a great fit at the company, you can use the general referral form. If available, this is located on the home page of your portal.
- Click the “Make a General Referral” button and enter your contact’s information. At the minimum you will have to enter their first name, last name and either a phone number or email address. You may also select a suggested department, location and upload their resume.
- Once you’ve submitted your referral, you will receive a confirmation email letting you know that your referral was successfully submitted. If applicable, you can view the status of your referrals by visiting your “My Referrals” page.
- File size: You can upload a resume that is under 5MB in .doc, .docx, .pdf, or .txt format. If you’re having trouble uploading the resume, check to ensure that you are logged in, that the file is in one of the mentioned formats and that it is under 5MB in size.
Do I have to connect my personal social networks to use the employee referral platform?
No – RolePoint does not require you to connect to or authenticate your social network profiles to make a social share or referral. Your social network details are not given to RolePoint at any time, nor are they given to your employer.
Which internet browsers work best with the RolePoint platform?
We recommend using the most recent version Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer. If you are using an older version of Internet Explorer (IE 10 or below), you may experience technical difficulties. Internet Explorer 8 is not a supported browser. You may need to request your IT department to upgrade your browser, if necessary.
Job Sharing 101:
When you share a job using RolePoint, anyone who applies to your company using your personal link will be credited back to you. It’s a simple way to share your personal referral link on your Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter networks or via text message, Skype, email, iMessage and more! Follow these steps to share a job on one of your networks:1. Ensure that you are logged into RolePoint. This is an important step if you want to receive referral credit if a candidate applies through your URL.
2. Decide if you want to share all jobs or one particular job with your social network.
3a. If you’ve decided to share all jobs, then all you need to do is click on the social network button that you want to share jobs with.
3b. If you’ve decided to share one particular job, click on that job and then click on the social network button that you want to share the job with.
You can share on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. You can also share jobs via email. If you select this option, your computer’s email program will open (whether it be Outlook, Gmail, etc.) 4. Once you’ve selected which social network you want to share jobs with, follow the steps provided in the pop-up and click share. Anyone that applies for a role via your personal share link will be credited back to you as the referrer. If the candidate is hired, you may be eligible to receive a referral bonus!
How can I search for jobs on the portal?
Simple! You can filter by “Department” or “Location” & enter in keywords into the “Search Jobs” field. Filtered results will appear based on the entered criteria.
Where can I view the referrals I’ve made using the RolePoint platform?
1. Login to your referral account.
2. Click your name at the top-right of the page and select “My Referrals/History”.
Here you can review what referrals you’ve made and the status of each, where applicable. If you have questions regarding the status of your referrals, you’ll need to follow up directly with your internal recruiting team.
Having trouble making a referral?
If you are having trouble making a referral, check out these useful tips:
- Suggested browsers: We suggest using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or the latest version of Internet Explorer. If you are using Internet Explorer and are experiencing issues, check with your IT team to ensure you are using the latest version available. We also recommend that you clear your browser’s cache, cookies, and then refresh your browser as well if you have experienced an issue.
- File size: You can upload a resume that is under 5MB in .doc, .docx, .pdf, or .txt format. If you’re having trouble uploading the resume, check to ensure that it is in one of the mentioned formats and that it is under 5MB in file size.
- Resume requirement: If your company requires a resume to be uploaded when making a referral (using the Quick Referral Form) then you’ll want to make sure you have a copy of your contact’s resume on hand when you are submitting their referral. But lets say you don’t have their resume – what can you do? You have two options. You can either ask your contact to send you a copy of their resume, or you can share the roles with them using your personal referral link. (See below)
- Personal referral link: Each employee has his or her own personal referral link. You can copy and paste this link into a text message, Skype message, iMessage, Google Chat, etc. The options are endless! If your contact comes back and applies through that link, you will be credited with the referral. *Make sure that your contact follows your personal referral link when applying to ensure that you receive referral credit.*
Employee Referral Program (Have a question about your referral?)
Where is my Referral Bonus?
First, ensure that your referral is logged in your “My Referrals” tab within your account.
Then, check your company’s referral policy for bonus payout information. If all checks out on your end and your referral has been hired to a bonus eligible position, but you haven’t yet received your referral bonus, we suggest that you reach out to your internal Talent Acquisition or HR team.
Helpful Tip: Wondering where your company’s referral policy is located? Most companies share this policy with employees via the company intranet (internal portal.) Your company referral policy may also be found on RolePoint on the right-hand side of the portal. If you’re having trouble finding this, we suggest following up with your Talent Acquisition or HR team.
Am I eligible for a referral bonus (and other Referral Program Policy Questions)?
Most companies post the Employee Referral Program & Bonus Policy on the Referral Portal or Intranet Portal. If you are unable to find a copy, please reach out to your Talent Acquisition or HR team.